IT professional with 10+ years of experience in various industries, has a strong understanding of security principles, and consistently employs security best practices. Other skills include knowledge of security tools and technologies, proficiency in multiple programming languages, website design and development, SEO, social media management, and excellent customer service.
- Security Technologies : Anti-Virus Tools, Anti-Malware, SSL, SSH, Digital Certificates, Encryption Tools, Packet Analyzers, Password Managers
- Systems : Windows (XP, Vista, 7), OS X, UNIX/Linux
- Networking : LANs, WANs, Routers, VPN, Firewalls, Proxy, TOR
- Software : MS Office, Adobe CS5, Wireshark, TrueCrypt, VirtualBox
|IT PIXIE – Personal IT Helper
Houston, TX – May 2010 ~ Present
- Design, develop and fortify WordPress sites using customized themes, code modifications, firewalls and anti-malware, including Sucuri products.
- Daily website maintenance for clients includes access logs monitoring, patch applications and software updates.
- Clean, restore and secure infected WordPress sites using various online and open source tools; protect websites with customized security measures to prevent future attacks and infections.
- Provide clients personalized and practical advice on security best practice, disaster recovery planning and other maintenance procedures.
- Assist clients in choosing the best software and tools based on functionality, budget and other client-specific requirements.
- Other services include personal IT training, e-commerce, website and script modifications, SEO, social media management and personal IT support.
- Maintain highest standard of customer service; go above-and-beyond to ensure client satisfactions; excellent communication skills.
- Website security audit
- Server monitoring and hardening
- Malware analysis and removal
- Exploit and vulnerability research
- Website and system administration
- Log analysis
- Exceptional customer service
|BEAUTE MINERAL – CREATOR / CTO
Portland, OR – May 2005 ~ December 2010
- Designed and created company website with e-commerce, blogging and interactive media elements.
- Developed a customized orders and inventory management application to ensure accurate business data management using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic.
- Successfully developed and implemented social media marketing campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
- Prioritized resources and projects in order to maximize efficiencies and return on investment.
- Carried out and managed all other IT-related functions and tasks.
- Database design and management
- Social media
- Marketing and PR
- Resource management
- Microsoft Access 2003
- Adobe Creative Suite 5
|OVERSTOCK.COM – SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Salt Lake City, UT – August 2000 ~ March 2004
- Planned and developed web-based retail and inventory management applications for retail partners and internal departments.
- Collaborated with internal and external users through out the development cycle to ensure application usability.
- Managed data flow and departmental integration of the company through IT systems.
- Conducted training presentations on new software applications.
- UNIX (CLI)
- Shell scripting
- Web application development
- Database administration
|INGENIX – SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Salt Lake City, UT – July 1999 ~ August 2000
- Responsible for data management and conversion between clients.
- Prepared functional specifications and other end-user documentations.
- Worked in teams as well as on individual basis in a multi-project environment.
- Worked with individual clients on specific software modification requirements; developed end products according to the specifications.
- Data mapping and conversion
- Specification and documentation writing
- 1995-1999 : Bryant University, Smithfield, RIBachelor of Science in Business Administration, Computer Information System Concentration
Honors: Magna cum Laude, Dean’s List
- 1997-1998 : Kansai Gaidai University, Osaka, JapanExchange Program, Asian and Japanese Studies
- 2012 : Piedmont Community College, Yanceyville, NCCertificate of Completion, Networking I
Certificate of Completion, Advanced PC Security
- Additional Training (via Coursera) :Information Security and Risk Management in Context (University of Washington)
Cryptography (Stanford University)
An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Rice University)